Thursday, January 17, 2013

Homemade Chili

I made chili the other day and it was a huge hit! Wanted to do it in the crock pot but I got started too late. So instead I made it in my big stock pot!!!! Turned out fantastic! Straight from my mother's kitchen here it is.....


Homemade Chili

 1 1/2 lbs of hamburger meat
1 can (28oz) of tomato sauce
3 cans of beans (2 kidney, 1 pinto or all kidney) *I did all Kidney
1 onion chopped
2 to 3 cups of water (depending on desired consistency)
1/2 tsp of Oregano
1 tsp Cumin
1 tbls of Chili Powder
Salt
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
 - Brown hamburger meat, salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste then add onions. Drain into a colander over the sink. Rinse with cold water. Also rinse kidney beans. Add the meat to the pot. Then add tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and water. Simmer for 2 hours. When ready serve with sour cream and cheese! ENJOY!!!!

~H~

No comments:

Post a Comment