This new mom thing is hard though. There are so many decisions I have to make already and he isn't even here yet! Some decisions like do I do cloth or disposable, breast feed or formula, midwife or dr, holistic or no, vaccinate or not etc. Some of these decisions I have made and some I'm at a loss.
I know I want to do cloth when we have the money to invest in them. I think they are better for the bank account. I mean they are work but in the end they will save us so much money which, right now, is what we need!
Breast feeding, for me, is a no brainer. I am going to do it. I think it's healthier for the baby and momma. There are so many health benefits for both! It also saves the bank account! Plus I grew up in a household where my mom breast fed all of us.
One decision for me that I struggle with is the holistic/ vaccination one. There are such clear defined lines between them. As in you are either all for everything holistic or you are all vaccine. There is not middle ground for those of us who want to be holistic but also aren't opposed to a vaccine or two. I just feel very overwhelmed by it all and like a bad mom! I'm a bad mom if I vaccinate and I am a bad mom if I don't. Either way you are critiqued by someone.
The thing I have a hard time with are the stories about drs reporting you if you don't vaccinate. If I am being honest I am leaning towards no vaccines. I was not vaccinated a lot as a child and my mom would always try at home remedies before ever taking us to the doctor. She would pump us full of echincha, collidial silver, vitamin c etc. We didn't eat much sugar, never drank soda unless it was a special occasion and ate lots of veggies. We didn't get the flu shot every year. We also didn't get sick much. This is the lifestyle I want to instill in my little family! I don't want to rush to medicate as soon as a problem arises. At the same time I want to know that if I do give a vaccine or two that my child will be ok.
I don't know if any of this makes sense. Just some thoughts I have had and decisions I have found I have had to make so far....
All of this makes me appreciate my mom and all she has done for us! I hope that I can be as great at taking care of Finn as she was taking care of us!
New mom stuff is no joke! It's scary and daunting! Thankfully I have an awesome supportive husband and family and I don't have to do it alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment